Monday, March 2, 2009

GRANDMA IS HOMELESS NO MORE

In July, 2008, Grandma started to look for a new home.  18 years in her previous house, she was sad to pack up and move, but we reassured her that by September she would be cozy and happy in a wonderful new place.  However, 8 months later she was still without a fixed address, her possessions all packed up in boxes.  Clara's teacher took me aside one day and asked me if Clara's Grandma was really homeless, which is what Clara had told her class.

I'm grateful today that she has found a home.  I was there yesterday helping unpack the kitchen, a task that takes a whole lot longer than I think it should.  It is a lovely, bright, clean, large space that feels really "good." 

My kids adore their Grandma.  She always shows up with a gift, or at least, a little treat, reads with them, creates things with them, has tea parties with them, plays Eye Spy, Memory, Go Fish or whatever is thrown her way.  We all love her, and hope she will be very happy in her home.


Grandma and the kids at one of their tea parties.

No comments: