according to clara
- Do, wear head to toe in all one colour. Match, match, match!
- Do, wear pink and purple.
- Do, wear all the things you love at the same time. Layering is good.
- Do, wear all the same print. Floral pants with a floral shirt? Go for it!
- Do, wear anything with sparkles, applique, rainbows, butterflies and flowers.
- Do, accessorize. Can't decide which necklace to wear? Wear them all!
And here is Clara putting on her purple eyeshadow and face glitter? She has not learned this from me. I seriously have the same mascara and lipstick I bought for my wedding almost 9 years ago (I saw on Oprah once that this is actually quite gross and I should be throwing them out immediately). I called for her the other day, "Clara...time to get in the car" and she answers, "Mom...I just putting on my make up."
I admit, it was difficult for me when she first decided she wanted to pick out her own outfit for the day. I think we had a fight about it and I think I even made her cry. I have come a long way. First, we compromised and we agreed that we would take turns picking out the daily ensemble. But now, I just tell her how beautiful she looks no matter what she appears from her room wearing. And I mean it...she is so beautiful.
Besides, I get to dress Will.