My kids lectured me on the ride to school about how I should always lock my car. My mom told me the same thing when I went over there this morning. But I never lock my car. This is just one thing you probably know about me if you know me. And here are some other things I'm notorious for:
- I don't lock our house door either.
- I lose lids. Lids to spice jars, milk jugs, diaper cream, toothpaste tubes, to name a few.
- I break things. Drinking glasses mostly. Or if they don't break, I chip them and then keep using them. This is really unsettling to Mom C. but I tell her that I can't possibly throw out a $35 Denby mug and that she should sip from the unchipped side.
- I hardly ever answer the phone. Mostly it is because I can never find it or get to it in 3 rings but also because I'm simply not a "phone person."
- If you do leave a message, I may not get back to you.
- I also don't really reply to e mails. I read them and appreciate them, and I mean to get back to them when I have time, but then I forget.
- I rarely open mail, unless it is fun, like a letter from someone, a magazine, or something I ordered in the mail.
- After wiping down the counter I often leave the dish cloth in clump instead of hanging it to dry.
- Sometimes I use the same cloth to wipe the counter, wash the floor and wipe my kid's faces.
- I cannot talk about money. Which is one reason why I don't open the mail (it may be from the bank). Talking about money makes me hot and sweaty and defensive and often makes me cry. I probably should get some counseling. Poor husband.
Well, that is 10 things. I think that is enough for the night, don't you?