Saturday, March 21, 2009

STRANGER DANGER

Sam and Clara just recently filled out a fingerprint and DNA identification card.  We happened to pass by a table the police had set up at Granville Island, and my mom encouraged me to stop and fill out the card.  She also has been encouraging me to get one of those "kid leashes" which I always make fun of.

Ironically, just 2 days earlier, the kids and I were having a discussion about "stranger danger." We went over the basics...never take food or candy from a stranger, never get into a stranger's car, and Sam's favourite...if a stranger grabs you, you should bite, hit and scream as loud as you can and run away super fast (he has this one covered, since he is the fastest in the world).

Satisfied with the lesson, I ask Sam: "So, if someone drives up to you and says 'hey Sam, come in the car I have some ice cream for you,' what would you do?"  Sam thinks for a bit and answers "I like ice cream...what kind is it?...I like the green one with chocolate chips."

We will definitely have to work on this lesson later.

No comments: