Wednesday, March 4, 2009

CHANGE OF ROUTINE

My morning routine has changed this week, but only temporarily I hope.  I really am not that spontaneous, unlike my husband, and actually panic if plans change.  

Normally, my week day morning starts when I reluctantly roll out of bed at 7:30am and get the kids and my husband dressed and fed. Clara and Jake dress themselves, which is good for the most part, unless Clara comes out head to toe in flower print.  After I drop the kids off at school, Will and I take Kirby for a walk (Will, by the way, can now climb out of the backpack while walking...not good), sometimes we stop in at my mom's and say hello, then comes house tidying, or at the very least, I clean up from breakfast, make our bed and do a load of laundry. Thankfully, Will still likes to join in on this house making fun, particularly the emptying the dishwasher part.  Will generally has a nap around 10:00am, at which point comes choices:  
  1. have a nap too (this never happens)
  2. continue tidying the house
  3. face the basement
  4. face the stashed items in the rubbermaids
  5. make my new studio pretty 
  6. exercise
  7. go on my computer, blog, sort through emails, create shopping carts, etc.
I have only an hour left before I need to go pick up kid #2. Lately, I have chosen to exercise, a Hawaii trip in 3 weeks being a motivation (kind of like I am 15 years old), but also because running on a treadmill would be really dangerous when Will is awake and he has enough danger in his life.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post, but only 6 minutes left until 11:00pm, and I vowed yesterday that I would be in bed before then.  So now I choose to go to bed and snuggle with my husband.  Sleep tight.  

No comments: