Thursday, December 11, 2008

MY STASHING PROBLEM

This is my plan tonight after the kids are in bed: 
  1. Do the dishes, including the ones from yesterday's lunch
  2. Fold the pile of laundry in the middle of the hallway which has been there since Tuesday
  3. 30 minute run on the treadmill while watching the season finale of "So You Think You Can Dance Canada" (which is 2 hours but I will fast forward the boring bits)
  4. Work on secret Christmas present for my Dad and Jake
  5. Sort through my stash in the Rubbermaids (see picture below)
"Stash in the Rubbermaids?" you ask.  That's right...this is where I admit in my blog one of my shortcomings.  I stash things.  And it is usually in great haste and in boxes or Rubbermaids which then get put into closets.  What happens is this: we are hosting a dinner or someone is coming over unexpectedly, I panic and into the Rubbermaid everything goes.  Voila!, we have an apparently organized and clean home.  Within these boxes are things like magazines, glue sticks, unknown keys, elastic bands, unopened mail (this, in particular, makes my husband a little stressed), kid's art, wrappers, nail clippers...

Sadly, I actually taped up and moved one of the aforementioned boxes in our last move.  I think I labeled it "office supplies" so Jake wouldn't be suspicious.

Wow, this is a horrible time to be writing this.  It is complete kid chaos over here!  I better get them to bed so I can tackle my list.  I'll let you know how it goes.

A photo of some Rubbermaids is hardly exciting, so here is one of Will discovering his belly button.



1 comment:

Jules said...

That makes my little ocd heart go pitter patter! I love it... if you ever want help going through your rubbermaids, just let me know!