Tuesday, January 13, 2009

BACK TO THE LAND OF THE LIVING


Just moments ago I finished the last of the 4 books in the Twilight saga.  The truly amazing part is that I was given the series of books for Christmas not even 3 weeks ago.  We are talking 2500 pages, and it's not like I'm sitting by a pool on vacation without kids.  Consequently, however, I feel like I have taken on Vampire like characteristics myself...red strained eyes from reading in Will's darkened room and from reading while bouncing on the treadmill, pale skin and dark circles under my eyes from staying up until the wee hours trying to squeeze one more chapter in. Going to bed at 1:30am is not wise considering our 1 year old sleeps no more than 90 minutes at a time.  

Needless to say, I admit, I loved these books.  I'm such a sucker for romantic epics, even if the girl is only 18 years old and the boy is a Vampire.  And the best part?  The very last chapter is titled "The Happily Ever After."  I love those...


This picture kind of freaks me out...it's like looking at Sam in the future when his cute little baby teeth have fallen out and his big awkward adult ones have grown in their place

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I loved the Twilight series!!! And yup, I stayed up waaaay too late for a Mom of three younguns.
Though we ate a lot of pb&j dinners while I was in the middle of a book, I figure this (reading obsessivly) is one vice that's great for the kids to see you indulge!
I enjoy your blog, thanks so much!!

Jules said...

Can I borrow please??? I keep hearing about them, and haven't read them....

Amanda said...

So funny, I did the same thing... but I got the first 2 a few weeks before Christmas, so Ross was home with us and I got to spend more time than "usual" reading. But still way too many late, bleary eyed nights.

I really enjoyed them and really really wanted to know what happened next in every single one.

It's great to hear about your daily life with the kids and I love the pictures, so fun!