Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SIX

Dear Clara, my beautiful, lovely daughter. Today you turned 6!  

I love your big, brown eyes.  I love that you want to be an artist and a mommy when you grow up.  I love that you savour things and that you are the only kid I know who eats the icing last.  I love that you love babies and will ask the mom if you can "pat" their newborn.  I love that you love dolls.  I love that your favourite meal is Life cereal and your favourtite beverage is "moolk" (milk).  I love that you believe in happily ever afters.  I love having a daughter...and I love you so, so much!

It was fun to celebrate your 6th birthday in Hawaii.  I had made for you a magical birthday crown, which when worn, anything you asked for, was granted.  That meant fruit loops for breakfast, a chocolate chip cookie for a morning snack, cake before dinner, a smoothie poolside, a play at the beach, dinner out with your family.  You did request hula dancers to show up at our house but you were just as happy to watch a movie and cuddle with me under the stars, once all the boys went to bed.

Your new watch and doll (who has been named Ava Star)

"Fruity Loops"


My boys...love them!

Making a wish





Coming home from dinner in the golf cart...notice the sunset?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Clara!

I LOVE your pictures, you have a beautiful family and you capture it amazingly.

Hope you are enjoying the warmth of Hawaii... hopefully it won't be snowing in Vancouver by the time you get back.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Clara!!!
Love Lisa xoxoxoxox