Tuesday, June 2, 2009

9 YEARS

20 years ago I first laid eyes on Jake at Summer Camp
17 years ago we officially became girlfriend and boyfriend outside Cactus Club restaurant
9 years ago today Jake and I were married
6 homes
3 kids
1 nutty dog later...

I can honestly say I love him more than ever. 

So here is a little re-cap of our weekend (now that I have made a little room on my hard drive to upload some photos). 

Our time began with a bottle of champagne, which was drunk rather quickly.


My husband likes to sabre his champagne bottle.  A little strange, perhaps?  I think so.  He has come along way since our wedding where he decided against serving champagne since it tastes, and I quote, "like throw up water."

The view from my deck chair.  Sorry about my feet...

Reading magazines in bed in the early afternoon.  I also need to add that I napped and woke up with drool on the pillow. 

Kirby, looking for some ball action.  I did take her for a little trail jog.  We saw 4 deer too.

Opening an impressive bottle of red.

Drinking that red alongside a melted brie appie.

More champagne.  And yes, I was heavy with the drink.


My view from the rowboat.  Yet another glass of wine and a journal...life is good.

Jake rowing us our to the boat, on our way to dinner together.

Jake's view (of my hair, mostly)...

Bumped into friends on Bowen Island where we were dining.  Katie wants to be the star of a Broadway Musical...can't you tell?

Which brings us to the last picture...

I am so blessed to be married to you...the first and only love of my life. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary sis! I love that you ran into Katie! How fun. You must have been sloshed LOL. I wonder what it would be like to love A MAN that much and only one love. hmmmmmmm

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I can't believe it was 9 years ago already. I still remember your wedding like it was yesterday.

You are a perfect couple and a blessing to have as friends.

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you two had a lovely time! Hope to see you soon!

Love Lisa

Dana said...

You two ARE the romantic fairytale that everyone looks for! I'm not sure which one of you is luckier to have found the other...