Friday, June 12, 2009

GRADUATION DAY

This is Clara the morning of her first day of preschool in 2006.  

I remember this day clearly. She chose her outfit with much thought the night before, down to the pumpkin charm necklace and Dora the Explorer socks.  She had Life cereal for breakfast and a fruit shake to wash it down.  I cried in my car after I dropped her off even though I picked her up 20 minutes later (gradual entry).  

And here she is looking all grown up and confident, on her first day of Kindergarten (I still get a chuckle at Sam in the background).  

Today was the last day of school for Clara and Sam, and it was also Clara's "Graduation from Kindergarten" ceremony.  It was her third and final year at her lovely Montessori school. 

Her class performed a play about Canada.  Clara was a farmer on the prairies...

There was some singing...

And some more singing...

And finally, Clara got to sing "Land of the Silver Birch," a song she has been singing around the house for months now.  She was very confident with the lyrics on this one.  

I love all the picture taking going on...



My graduate...

I love this picture of Daddy telling Clara how proud he is of her...

And I had to include a picture of Clara with "Miss Tulips."  Her name is not Tulips, but something Greek and totally different.  Geez...I don't even know what her real name is.  I call her Miss Tulips too.

Will was just dying to get to those chairs...

Clara showing Sam some of her gifts.

Clara and her teachers.

I am so proud of my little (big) girl.  And I must say my heart felt a little heavy all day.  Grade 1 seems so big and scary to me.  I think Clara will cope better than me.  In the past year, especially, she has gained so much confidence and has become so outgoing.  She amazes me daily with her curiosity, her thoughtful questions, her passion, her creativity, her sense of humour, her gentle character and kindness and her love of learning.  

I sure do love you, my favourite, most beautiful girl!

No comments: