Wednesday, June 24, 2009

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...it is raining.  It doesn't feel like summer, but it is cozy in our home and my flowers and the lawn at Pasley probably could use a drink.
I am wondering...how the toothbrush got into the bottom of the milk carton? and why this post is all double spaced?
I am thankful for...my family and my kids.  My husband too who is clear across the continent in New York (wish I was there with him eating good food and shopping).
From the kitchen...my latte is getting cold, breakfast aftermath (egg in the hole with ketchup and fruit shakes) is on the counter and on the floor.
I am wearing...my sloppy ROOTS track pants and an oversized tee I slept in last night
I am creating...a photo book for Will, lots of lists and sketches of some ideas I have to sell on Etsy?
I am going...to meet up with the George Gong after Will's nap and then to Playland with friends tonight...in the rain.
I am reading..."Stuart Little" with Clara, otherwise the same book I started a few months ago called "France, A Love Story."
I am hoping...for sunshine next weekend for the 6th Annual P.I.G.S (Pasley Island Gong Show).
I am hearing...the kids playing downstairs in the playroom.  Clara is having a Birthday party for Jesus and Sam is playing the accordian and making his elephant noise.  Laundry and dishwasher is on.  Will is thumping the wall with his foot while laying in his bed.
Around the house...it looks as though someone burglarized us last night while we were sleeping.  Laundry that needs to be folded is in the hallway, beds are unmade, toys all over, and thanks to Will, an entire bookshelf and a box of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios have been emptied onto the floor. 
One of my favorite things...cozy days inside wearing jammies, laying on the couch, playing games and not feeling guilty about things undone.
A few plans for the rest of the week: IKEA tomorrow to pick up mosquito nets, inexpensive curtains and hooks for Pasley (anyone care to babysit Will?) and then packing up and moving my family up to the island for the summer on Friday morning.
Here are some pictures I am sharing (carnival with the George Gong last week)...


cinnamon donut hands
best friends, just like their daddies (although they don't hold hands)


"For Today" came from the Simple Woman's Daybook.  Go here, to do your own.  I think this may become a weekly feature.

No comments: