Monday, June 15, 2009

LESSON FROM MY KIDS (ROBIN'S NEST)

On our walk Saturday morning, Clara found a cracked Robin's egg on the path.  She oohed and awed about how beautiful and special it was, then placed it carefully on her lap in the jogger. When it was time to go home, I stuffed Will in the jogger as well, on Clara's lap, and on top of the Robin's egg.  Needless to say it cracked to bits and Clara was hysterical.

Back at home, Clara finally calmed down and was on a mission to re-create a Robin's nest, complete with eggs and a mommy bird.  She wanted to do it now and with whatever materials were available.   

Me...well, I probably would of waited to make a nest until I had the "perfect" materials all lined up in front of me, and I would have probably spent money at Michaels getting those materials, and most likely, I wouldn't even of got the project done.  

Clara is more doing and less dreaming.

And so, today I'm inspired.  To be more spontaneous and less of a creative perfectionist. Besides, I think her nest turned out to be quite perfect.

2 comments:

Jules said...

did you really just happen to have burlap lying around??lol.... awesome!

Andrea said...

you're so lovely and I LOVE this nest. Can you please tell Clara that I really want to make nests when we have some time at Pasley this summer?