Sunday, June 7, 2009

RC DISASTER

I really can't relate to the whole remote control (RC) thing...

After lots of glueing and tinkering and online discussions, Jake's RC De Havilland Beaver finally made it's inaugural flight at Pasley last summer only to crash nose first into the ocean a few minutes later.  A year went by, and finally, the Beaver was repaired last weekend.  

Which brings us to yesterday.  The winds were calm, Sam was excited (I mean, it was only a year he had to wait for Daddy to fix the thing), Jake told me to get my camera...it was a perfect afternoon to fly the Beaver again.


Maybe 1 minute into the flight, the Beaver went high (too high) and north and then disappeared into the forest.  



It was found 200 feet up, stuck in one of the trees.  And there, I suppose, it will stay (although Sam did offer to climb up and get it).  At least we have some photos of what the plane looked like.  And at least it had 3 minutes of air time in it's flying life.  

No comments: