Saturday, February 14, 2009

VALENTINES

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY




Valentines Day traditionally kicks off with breakfast.  In the beginning BK (before kids), I would make heart shaped quiche (crust from scratch, of course), maybe cheese blintzes with fresh berries, fresh squeezed juice and always some bacon (a sure way to Jake's heart).  I would serve my husband breakfast in bed and wore something frilly and short.  

9 years and 3 kids later, Valentines breakfast has certainly changed.  First of all, we are awake 2 hours earlier (or should I say woken), the menu has simplified, it is a little more hectic, definitely noisy, very messy and finished quickly.  But it is still a special time for us.

This year, I made each of the kids and my husband a "Things I Love About You" book.  For each year of their life I wrote out something I love about them, which means Jake got a list of 36 things and Will got 1.  I think I'm going to make this a new tradition.

I'm ending this abruptly now that Will is awake from his afternoon nap and I need to get ready for a dinner date with with my husband (too bad I ate so much chocolate).  Happy Valentines!

3 comments:

andrea said...

Hey, you know how we talk about all of those people that we hear about, read about, learn about, that make us anxious because they are so awesome?

Guess what. That is you, my friend. Awesome (and both your family and friends totally know ho lucky they are to have you in their lives).

AND, I will not be taking anything for helping out the other night. It was totally fun and I would do it again in a second!


Love you and happy valentines day.


ME xox

Jules said...

Loving Jakes 'do in the pic. LOL... he has always had fantastic bed head!

Lisa said...

I love your family! It makes me want to be married so I can make Mark breakfast in bed!