Monday, February 16, 2009

GOODBYE DINING ROOM, HELLO STUDIO (PART 1)

Only 1 and a half hours left of Monday.  I'm actually feeling quite sick and completely exhausted, and sad my husband is traveling this week.  I'm not sure if I'm so tired because I haven't slept through the night in more than 6 years (it's me that needs some sleep training) or because my body is working hard to fight this cold.  I apologize to my kids and dog for all the yelling I did today.

No matter, it is "Grateful Monday" and I really am thankful for a house full of flowers, left over 
from Valentines Day.  I think these ones are my favourite.  I love tulips!

And today the moving truck arrived to take away our dining room table and drop off a desk and apothecary for my new studio/office.  I am thankful for my Dad for sharing his beautiful furniture and art with us.  Look at this apothecary!  It has 24 drawers for organizing and putting away all my little pieces and art supplies.  24 drawers!  I am really excited about this room and what I plan to do in here (it involves drawing and painting and paper and printing stuff on my new printer, for which I'm also thankful for).  

Clara has already claimed a spot in the room.  My Dad also lent us these beautiful old kid sized school desks which I put by the window for now.  She has already filled it with paper and pencils and spent about an hour this afternoon practicing her letters.  

I borrowed an idea from Jennifer at The Write Start and wrote out names of family and friends and commonly used words onto strips of card stock, hole punched them and secured them with a binder ring.  Sam was mostly interested in the hole in the desk (inkwell hole?), and entertained himself for awhile by poking his finger in and out of it.



Well, goodnight. 

Jake...if you are reading this...I love you!

No comments: