Thursday, February 19, 2009

JAKE'S SIDE OF THE BED

My husband is on a plane heading home!  

I have missed him.  Although I suppose there are some perks when he is out of town, like having mini wheats for dinner and I get to use my skin care without him commenting that I smell like a great grandmother (I'm not sure what that smells like, but I don't think it is good?)

When he is away, besides the obvious, I also miss the quirky (maybe even slightly annoying) things Jake does.  Like when he kicks off his shoes one at a time while laying on the couch and they fall to the floor (and remain there and get tripped on the next day), when he sweeps the fitted sheet with his arm and fluffs and arranges the pillows, one folded in half, before he crawls in to bed, when he turns on the light to read his fleet of magazines and books every night no matter how late or how sick or exhausted he (or I) may be, when he brings up a glass of water every night and bemoans when I take a sip worried that I will drink it all and leave him parched and with nothing in the middle of the night...

But sure enough, when morning comes, there is water still in that glass, and there that glass gets left...on Jake's side of the bed.  I actually did an experiment recently and purposely didn't bring the glasses back downstairs to the kitchen.  I know this sounds immature, but it was fun. Here are the results:

That would be 4 glasses.  I did bring them down after I took this picture, and I wonder if there would of been more? We will have to try for a record another time.  In the meantime, I am just happy to have my husband home.

3 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

aw you guys are so cute! Have I mentioned I wish I were married!!!!!! bah.. I know what you felt like.... well almost.. Mark and I are only at 5 years not 7 ... yet! ( I went ring shopping though!!!!)

Miss you xo

Jules said...

LOL... Dean can relate, Beck. He takes my glasses all the time. and when he doesn't... yup. pretty much the same! LOL...