Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SIMPLE BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE

Auntie Juli pointed out that I didn't post the recipe.  So here it is.  Maybe it is too small to read? But I wanted to use this really pretty vintage card.  You can buy the digital kit here, at Two Peas in a Bucket, and then print them out if you want...or not.  I love them all.

And here is the icing recipe. It makes A LOT of icing, probably enough for 4 dozen cookies.  It is from Martha's Collected Recipes Cookbook.  I never said I didn't like her recipes...just that I can never produce results as pretty and perfect as her pictures.  Maybe the egg white part scares you?  You could substitute, I suppose, but then it won't set.  If it is any consolation, none of my kids or their friends have been poisoned from raw egg in our icing.  


3 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks Aunt B! You are the coolest Aunt B ever. Smooches and Squashels.

Jules said...

Uhmmm... you forgot the icing recipe. But we still love you.

Bee Chalmers said...

Boy Jules...very demanding tonight. Love you 2 though.