Monday, December 29, 2008

I LOVE THE KNITS

A recurring resolution of mine is to learn how to knit.  I love hand knit things! particularly when they are worn by a child.  I love knit sweaters, hats, blankets, booties, dolls...And I love the sound of those needles clicking together.  I have fond memories sitting beside my Grandma Smith on the couch while she knit.  She even had the patience to try to teach me when I was 10, and I was very excited when I produced a cosy for my mom's lighter complete with drawstring. My mom in law (Mom C. I call her) more recently sat down with me for a knitting demonstration.  I did manage to complete a knit dishcloth and was rather proud.  Still am, even though it is shaped likes a pentagon and half the size I intended it to be.

Anyway, I have accepted that I am not destined to be a knitter.  I am thinking maybe embroidery this year?  Or perhaps sewing?  I think I lack the creative patience.  It simply takes too long!  I need to see results sooner.  But fortunately I have discovered places to buy beautiful hand knit clothes and items.  Here are some of my favourites:
And here is my William wearing some recently acquired knit things.  Thank you Auntie C for his birthday sweater!







*Wow, 2 posts in one day.  It must be all the lattes I'm making with our new fancy coffee machine.  A Christmas gift from my mom.

No comments: