Sunday, December 28, 2008

SOME IMAGES OF CHRISTMAS

Today I finally became aware that I'm still wearing my pajamas from 5 days ago, I haven't left the house except to walk Kirby, and our house looks like it has been burglarized.  Tis' the season.

I love the time that follows Christmas morning...book reading by the fire, present re-discovery, eating chocolate peanut butter bars for breakfast, playing games with the kids (this year it is Spiderman memory game), ignoring the mess and the laundry, laying in bed until 8:30am, eating many turkey sandwiches.  I even drank a glass of champagne in the bath early evening while reading my new book instead of doing the dishes from breakfast.

Here are a few pictures of our Christmas merriment.  It has been eventful, but it is also almost midnight and so I must write more at another time.  Hope everyone had a merry merry Christmas!

Here is big sis taking a dip in the big bowl of Moosemilk.  This is my Papa French's recipe which we make every Christmas Eve.  It is essentially a boozy form of egg nog and it is delicious (and potent).  I try not to think about the fact that I'm drinking raw eggs and creamo.

Not the best picture, but I love Will's face.  Sam and Rocco got matching D Rex's from YaYa on  Christmas Eve.  Sam likes that he can ask it a question and it shakes it's head or nods (never mind that it farts and burps).  His favourite question currently is whether he wants poop for breakfast or not?  (As you can see, there is a theme going on here)

YaYa is giving the kids some Santa dust to blow into the sky Christmas Eve night.  Another tradition of ours.  Clara asked me why we do this and I wasn't sure?  

This just in from my Auntie Di: "the Santa dust is to be sprinkled in front of the house in case Santa may pass them.  The dust sparkles in the snow (or ground) to help Santa find their house.  I introduced that to them many many years ago when we went out west and Ryan and Haley were just babies."

I had to include this picture.  It is Sam running down the stairs Christmas morning and he spots the shiny green jeep of his dreams for the first time.  However, the poor guy has only been able to go forward and reverse a few feet in our entranceway over and over again since there is still too much snow outside.  He has also run over Will once.

And here is Clara giving her brothers a tour of the Rose Petal cottage.

Christmas breakfast...champagne is chilling.

Jake is having a taste of the brown sugar bacon.  Usually a pet peeve, but it is Christmas so I am cheerful and take a picture instead.

There's  Grandma helping with the breakfast prep and table aesthetics.

Kirby (our first born)

A typical scene from the last few days...kids playing with their gifts in their pajamas (and tiarra for Clara).  Grandma is in her jammies too, drinking champagne at that.  The orange flower paining in the background is from Clara.  Isn't it awesome?!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Looks AMAZING!!! Sorry we missed the pre bits... LOVE those dinos!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing journal! I really enjoyed looking at all your wonderful images and writing that goes along with it. You certainly had a memorable Xmas and just think...there's a whole new year ahead of us. Love to you all....