Sunday, February 28, 2010

FIVE PEOPLE 2/12

Here is my family portrait for February. Not quite what I imagined, but I woke up this morning realizing it was the last day of the month already and I had to post something...I had to follow through with at least one of my big ideas!



The photo probably will not win a prize, but it is us, our family together, doing the things we do. I made Charline take it moments after Canada won GOLD in the men's hockey game! (we are standing in front of the tele). You can't really see in the picture, but our house is a disaster. The floor is covered in salt and vinegar chips and puzzle pieces, the bunnies are hopping and pooping on the couch, Will just dumped the tinker toy bucket and we had just been feasting on wings, chips and dips, beer and M&M's while watching the game.

Sam didn't want his picture taken so Jake just grabbed him and hung him upside down and had just plunked him back down (which is why he looks disheveled and blurry). Clara, on the other hand, loves her picture taken right now. It is slightly annoying cause she will leap into a picture at the last moment and mess up the frame. Her hair is also the longest it has ever been. I think she inherited Jake's thin hair and have preferred her hair at her chin (she likes it this way too, because it is like Sara's hair), but we are giving some long-ish hair a try.

I already feel sad that the Olympics are over and our 16 day holiday has come to end. This month has almost entirely been devoted to Olympic-y things and it has been truly fun and exciting.

The bigger kids also did a soccer camp for 5 days and loved it. Although I'm good at arts and crafts and parks, I have almost totally neglected introducing sports to my children. Up until a week ago, they thought any sport with a ball was called basketball and after watching Sam play baseball with some classmates and seeing him kick the ball instead of throwing it, I knew it was definitely time to step it up. Which I have...I have enrolled them in soccer, baseball, floor hockey and field hockey between now and July. Clara wants to do some skating now as well. I'm going to be the crazy sports mom who over schedules her kids (but just for a few months).

Anyway, I had better get my butt to bed. Early morning ahead...

1 comment:

Kim said...

You have a beautiful family! I started this project also this month and am loving seeing what others are doing. Keep it up! :)