Tuesday, February 23, 2010

OLYMPIC-Y THINGS AT WHISTLER

Dear mom,

Thank you for getting out of bed an hour earlier than planned, and coming over to our house to stay with my kids at 7:30am so we could drive to Whistler.

The views along the Sea to Sky Highway were particularly beautiful that morning, it was unusually peaceful in the car, and we arrived just as the first athlete completed the downhill course in the Men's Super Combined. Our seats were awesome, the sun was shining..I even took my puffy jacket off. I ate some chili, a Twix bar and drank a beer, got a bit of a tan and didn't have to entertain any children who may have been bored or hungry after 3 hours in. What an amazing, once in a lifetime experience!

And thank you for putting my kids to bed that night, tending to their coughs and sleeping over with them. Jake and I went out on a date with the Georges to a fancy restaurant in the Village. We drank some champagne, shared a delicious antipasto platter and watched an exciting (if not disappointing) hockey game on the screen.

And thank you, thank you for waking up early and watching my kids the following day as well. I skied for the first time since pregnant with Clara. It was my mommy skiing debut, and it was awesome! I don't think I could have skied on a more perfect day. (I wish I had my camera, but was concerned about smashing it into the snow in case of a wipe out).











(if I look a little over excited here, it's because I am)





(half of the Georges)

No comments: