Thursday, February 4, 2010

How is is going with our au pair, you ask?

Well, we think Charline is the loveliest (and also a foot taller than me). Day 7, and I am almost used to having someone live with us.

These have been some of my personal highlights this past week: 75 glorious minutes at Wholefoods all by myself, 2 runs in Lighthouse Park with my dog, holding hands with Clara and walking to school together just the 2 of us, not rudely waking Will from his nap and stuffing him in the car so I can pick the kids up from school, and tomorrow...a date with my husband!

I also have not pinched my kids this week, or really even yelled at them. Our meals have been top notch too, even when Jake didn't come home for dinner one night, and I have been practicing mon Francais. I'm going to be fluent before I know it.

I just need to stop worrying about if she is happy, is she having fun, does she like Vancouver, is it too rainy, too cold, does she think my kids are crazy, does she think I am crazy, is she homesick, did she like the tacos I made, is she lonely, is she annoyed that Kirby keeps sneaking into her room...??

Here we are on a little walk:





No comments: