Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINES

Valentines Day was almost superseded by the Olympics, but I did manage to do some late night decorating and assembling and pulled off a fun and relaxing Valentines today with my kids. My husband sadly left on a plane early this morning, but we did manage a dinner date before he left, where I consumed a great amount of french fries and drank 2 delicious beers (Chimay blue to be exact).



Valentines Day traditionally kicks off with waffles (or some kind of pancake), bacon, fruit, smoothies, chocolate, tulips and a card.



And for lunch...a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a heart cut out and chocolate milk. Sam got a gingerale.



The sun came out today, and I took the kids to an outdoor skating rink that has been temporarily set up during the Oympics. Clara has declared skating her new favourite activity. She tells me that God has graced her with the gift of skating. Sam feels quite differently. I think he wants to be the best and the fastest right out of the gate, so by the second fall he stormed off the ice and went to pursue other activities (like running and climbing).




It's late, so I will post more pictures tomorrow. Just wanted to say Happy Valentines Day on the day.

(Jake...if you are reading this...I love you and miss you already. Sleeping beside our daughter is just not the same as sleeping beside you)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I stumbled here and fell in love with these pictures. Thought you might want to know...

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca,

I found your blog through your hubby via Twitter and I absolutely adore your blog. The Valentine's blog especially. I am amazed that you have the time to make cut out cards, heart shaped sandwiches and flowers with 3 kids. It's truly inspiring and I look forward to seeing more blog posts.

Best,
Hannah

Bee Chalmers said...

Hi Hannah. I have no idea if you can see that I replied, but thank you for your sweet comment. Blogs are a bit confusing, because often you only see glimpses of people's lives and not necessarily the parts where I yell and pinch my kids and ignore the dishes piled in the sink from 2 days ago. I try my best, however! Take care...And hopefully, we will see you around...

Unknown said...

Thanks for your reply Rebecca. I was definately getting teary eyed when I saw your cards...

It would be great to connect soon!

Hannah