Wednesday, September 9, 2009

LIONS BAY FRIENDS

My Lions Bay friends are the friends I met when I was 3 when my family moved to the Village of Lions Bay, just 20 minutes north of where we live now.

They are the friends I grew up with.  Who I went to elementary school with...made mud pies in our backyard, lip synched to the mini pops, built forts in the forest, skipped down the hill to spend .75 cents at the general store, walked the logs at the beach, danced with our batons and even practiced kissing with.

Eventually, we did our growing up and left the Village to move "into town." Although I suppose I was 25 and about to get married when I did officially move away.

Fortunately, we still get to see each other. Thanks to weddings, baby showers, Facebook and the fact that our parents are also still good friends, we get together at least a few times a year. 

Today, I am grateful for these friends.

Last week, a few of us got together for coffee and quiche and a lovely visit.



My friend Christa's little guy, who I only met once before:



No comments: