Wednesday, May 13, 2009

PLAY DATE CHAOS

My posts have been quite sporadic lately.  

Mostly, there is a whole lot of pointless tidying going on over here and a whole lot of following Will around.  Lately, he has taken to colouring the walls, floors and cupboards and himself.

And this is what Sam's room looked like after his play date the other day:

Pretty scary, eh?  

Speaking of play dates, this happened a while ago, but it has become one of my husband's favourite stories.  So, Sam had a little friend over from school.  Maybe it is because she has an older brother, but she loves to play Spiderman, race cars, play chase and ride Sam's green jeep. Consequently, Sam thinks she is the greatest.  I'm also obsessed with her English accent and love that she calls crackers "crisps" and sweaters "jumpers."

Anyway, her mom came to pick her up and I call down for them.  They both show up at the top of the stairs butt naked, and Sam is holding Jake's deodorant in his hand.  I am feeling slightly sheepish at this point, considering I hardly know the mom and her daughter has been entrusted to my care.  "Sam...what on earth are you doing with Daddy's deodorant, and why are you naked?" I dare ask.  He replies casually, "Oh, you know, we were just playing and putting this (pointing at deodorant) on our arms and face and butts" and then he proceeds to bend over and show us exactly what he meant by "putting it on our butts."

The mom has since let her daughter back over to play, so I guess we are OK, and Sam and I have since had a chat.

Jake has not used that particular deodorant since the incident, but he wonders how many times exactly Sam has applied it on his butt before that day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

haha ... ever since you told me that story, i have bragged up my little cousin and told many friends who have LOVED it!!! What a fantastic story... you should tell it at his wedding.