Wednesday, May 27, 2009

4 WEEKS TO BIKINI BODY

4 weeks to a bikini body.  This has become my mantra this week, and usually happens in May.  Kind of like in September when I say I'm going to be more organized and clean up our basement.  

This is the hope:
  • to sit on the deck chair in my bathers this summer without draping my shirt aross my sagging midsection (wearing sunscreen, of course)
  • to possibly even walk around in the bathers, without putting on clothes first
  • to either have a bikini body or accept my body in a bikini
This is the eating plan:
  • drink more water and less Coke Zero
  • portion my snacks instead of eating the entire (large) bag of peanut M&M's in one sitting
  • avoid buying snickerdoodle cookies from Wholefoods 
And since I will not deprive myself of french fries and the occasional pint of Ben & Jerry's half baked ice cream, I need to ramp up the exercise. Walking fast on my treadmill while watching "So You Think You Can Dance" may not be enough.  
  • follow the workout in the June issue of Shape Magazine, 3 times a week
  • one high intensity cardio work out a week
  • two 60 minute moderate-intensity cardio work outs
So there you go.  I now have some accountability.  Anyone care to join me?  My husband is. (He also, by the way, already thinks I'm hot and tells me this at least once a day.  Boy, am I thankful).

On another note, my hard drive, scratch disks, whatever they are called...are still FULL. Hopefully I can post some photos soon.

2 comments:

andrea said...

I'm in!

Lisa said...

im in.. well sorta.. im in for the 4 weeks. I just signed up for two weeks of hot yoga.. the first session was rediculous and today was actually a lot better... just gotta stick with it. When the two weeks is up I will check out the workout you are doing!

Love Lisa xox