Wednesday, May 6, 2009

DANDELIONS

When I asked Clara what she would like to do after I pick her from school, she naturally replied "go to a beautiful meadow somewhere and pick some dandelions."   We found this park just up from our house.  It was kind of like of meadow?  Clara danced around and picked some dandelions for a top secret Mother's Day present.  

I, too, remember picking dandelions for my mom when I was around Clara's age.  On our walk up the hill from school, we would stop and pick honeysuckles, long grass, dandelions and sometimes even the neighbour's beautiful flowers from her garden.  My mom would be so thankful for her, now limp, bouquet and and I would feel so proud as I watched her put them in a little vase on our kitchen ledge.






Will got some dandelion fuzz stuck in his mouth.





No comments: