Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HOLIDAY VISITS: DAY AT THE RATHBORNES

On Monday I invited myself over for a visit with Annie and the family. Once again, I found myself in their cozy (and very clean) kitchen in front of bowl of homemade soup, buttered homemade bread (still warm) and a cup of tea. The kids disappeared downstairs to play and we got to have lovely chats. I miss the olden days when we were both on maternity leave and we would play every Friday with our kids!

It was a play date record...we even stayed through dinner.

The girls immediately dressed up in their bridal outfits and planned out another wedding play (same as here). Sam didn't run away this time. In fact, he was really into kissing his 2 wives, and it was the girls who ran away from him (much to his chasing delight).

Thanks Annie (my top 5).









1 comment:

andrea said...

Last night, I was filling out some forms and one of the questions was "what do you feel are your biggest accomplishments?". I had to think about this for only a minute or two and one of my answers was "the relationship I have with my friends".

This post of yours and your visit reminded me of why I think this is one of my most cherished accomplishments. I feel incredibly fortunate to have friends, like you, who I can be myself with and who share so many of the same feelings.

Thank you for being, now and always, one of my Top 5.

Happy New Year to you and the family!

Love me