Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MOMMY VS DADDY

Tonight, as I was tucking Sam into bed and giving him a back rub he turns his head and tells me that Daddy is actually better at giving rubs.  

This is not an uncommon statement of Sam's.  According to Sam, Daddy is better at everything...at fixing things, installing batteries, driving the car around a sharp turn, playing memory, hopping on one foot, lifting rocks, catching crabs, etc.  And he is not only better, apparently he is also faster, stronger, straighter, taller and smarter.  I have given up being sensitive or defensive long ago.  But seriously folks...better at back rubs?  Maybe it is the heat that is agitating me tonight, but rubs are my specialty...I am the best at back rubs!!

So I ask him frankly (and out of curiosity), "what am I better at than Daddy?"

And he replies "ummm...let's see...I know....folding...folding clothes"  And then to rub it in some more, he continues "not boat driving or hammering things."

I was about to get seriously defensive when Clara peeks her head into the room and reminds Sam that I am better at cooking too.

"Yes" I agree, sitting up a bit straighter and feeling a little bit better about myself.  "That's right.  I am definitely better than Daddy at cooking.  You tell me one thing that Daddy has cooked for you" I challenge him.

And he answers me..."pickles."

1 for the mommy 
o for the daddy

3 comments:

Lori said...

hehehe..

Bill Baker said...

Becky. If you want to make a list of the things that Jake is, perhaps, not so good at (e.g. sharing chips, emptying the dishwasher), let me know. I have some thoughts.

Anonymous said...

my vote is with Beck all the way. Sorry, Jake, but no matter what Sam says, you are NOT superfast...