Thursday, November 20, 2008

OBSERVATION

This morning, I got to sit on a little chair in Clara and Sam's Montessori classroom and "observe" for 30 minutes.  I got to see Sam sitting quietly at a table stretching elastic bands onto wooden posts and then stand up, push in his chair and return the materials back to the appropriate spot on the shelf (gasp!). I got to see Clara drawing a seed...the first panel of a 6 part germination sequence (wow!).  I got to see Sam walk over to Clara and he didn't poke or flick, but asked her kindly if she would take him to the bathroom.  And she said "yes" and they walked out the door and down the hall hand in hand (my heart could burst).  I love you my little munchkins, but please don't grow up too fast.

Pictures from their first day of school




2 comments:

Wordfly said...

Oooh I'm so excited you are doing this! I'm going to be your number 1 fan! xo Katrina

Wordfly said...

I forgot to say that I love Will's invite and those princess piccies - priceless...