Thursday, November 27, 2008

SLEEP IN HEAVENLY PEACE

I love sneaking peeks at my babies/kids while they are sleeping.  Every night before I go to bed, I tip toe into each of their rooms, pull up their blankets, readjust their sidewise sleeping bodies and their pillows, say a little prayer over them and kiss them on the nose.


I always have to turn Clara's light off and am always amazed at HOW MANY things she takes to bed with her.  And I'm not just talking about dolls and books and such, but things like coins, pine cones, a pearl necklace, my dress, a half eaten granola bar, her entire snow globe collection, 12 barbies (yes, she has that many), a sparkly hair clip in a box, marbles, shells...and these are just SOME of the many, MANY things she collects, treasures and sleeps with.  Just last night I carried her asleep from our bed back into her bed, and her eyes still closed with sleep she mumbled something about a box.  "What did you say honey?" I asked.  "I need my brown box with the bracelets in it" she answered groggily.  And sure enough when I went back to look for the brown box, there it was  with 4 silver bracelets in it...and a purple smartie.

Speaking of sleep, Will is having a nap and Sam is looking for someone to play Princess Monopoly with.  I should go.  Oh...that would be Will awake already!

**Will slept from 9:00pm-2:00am 2 nights ago.   A new personal record!  Too bad I went to bed at midnight.

No comments: