Monday, November 17, 2008

LOOK WHAT ARRIVED IN THE MAIL

doot do do dooo!

Our new bedding!  Ordered online from my all time favourite store Anthropologie.  It may seem indulgent, I mean I could of gone to the Linens and Thing's bankruptcy sale instead, but it really was well deserved.  

Bring it back almost 4 years ago when I was very pregnant with #2 and we were in Palm Springs with some friends.  I found the most beautiful Pottery Barn coverlet and pillow shams on a clearance shelf and somehow convinced my husband to buy it and bring it back home with us (which meant we had to check our luggage...something Jake does not do when he is flying business).

A couple months later, one wintery morning, I went into labour with Sam and I immediately prepared myself for at least 16 hours of contractions (Clara's birth experience had still not faded in my memory).  I kissed Jake goodbye as he left for work and told him I would phone him if contractions got more intense, closer together, etc. Fast forward to 1:45pm when I phoned Jake to come home NOW, to 2:40pm when the midwives arrived, to 2:50 when I was 10cm dilated and gave a big push which resulted in my bags of water and more (I'll spare the details) spraying all over...you guessed it, my new Pottery Barn coverlet.  Unbelievably, in the throws of child birth I was worried about my bedding.  And so was my friend Candiss, who was with me at the time.  I remember her saying as the head crowned, "we have to get some towels...the bedding!".  

OK, I'm getting off track completely.  Long story short, last year Will was also born at home, on my coverlet.  The shams were thrown in the garbage last January and we have slept with the huge holes, child birth stains and thinning appearance of the coverlet for over 10 months.  

So, a few weeks ago I somewhat reluctantly sold my road bike to Candiss.  I had bought the bike to train for a triathlon in 2007 which I did finish, but then got pregnant with Will, had Will and have since taken up running on the treadmill while watching America's Next Top Model (wow, that sounds really lame, but I have yet to figure out how to excercise outside of the house with 3 kids).  So, I deposited Candiss' cheque, went online and ordered up the bedding. And then it arrived, and naturally I had to wash and put it all together that same night. Thanks husband.  

BEDDING THEN

one of the holes

sorry Kirby...the bed is off limits now

(**Mom...are you reading this?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate Anthropologie with a passion right now. Jess and I order some nice bedding in and the duvet cover was clearly not a Queen size. So we went to exchange it. However you have to return it first. They lost our return, took a month to get it sorted out. Then they discontinued the entire line. So we have no returned the rest of the items and guess what. THEY LOST IT AGAIN! Now they have gone way past the allowed time for a refund I am I am certain I am going to have to do a charge back. I keep getting the "we are looking in to it emails". Lucky I sent it back UPS so I know when they got it and who signed for it.

They have some nice stuff but I will never recommend them to anyone after this experience.