Sunday, November 23, 2008

GIRL DATE

Saturday, Clara and I had a "girl date."  Or actually it was a "girl double date" with my dear friend Annie and her daughter Sophie.  

Annie and I were pregnant at the same time with our girls. My due date was March 23rd and she was due later in April.  It has become well known that Annie budged and went into labour more than 3 weeks early.  Sophie was born March 29th, and I admit, I did cry when she phoned me from the hospital while holding her freshly born little bundle, and it wasn't just tears of happiness.  I was at that point, one week overdue, feeling HUGE, overcooked, swollen, hormonal and certain that I would be pregnant forever.  I was not pregnant forever, and Clara decided to make her appearance 3 days later.  

Since they were 2 years old we have done something extra special around Christmas time, just the mommies and their girls.  This year, we went to the princess spa at Granville Island.  The girls had their hair curled and swept up, nails done, eyeshadow and lip gloss applied, glitter sprayed all over...all while watching the "Princess and the Pauper" starring Barbie.  Could this get any better?!  Clara picked out an overpriced bejeweled tiara hair clip (which she probably won't wear, but will carry around in her purse with all her other treasures or she will sleep with it...more on this subject later). The girls also bought some sort of matching fairy/nymph figurine (which was also put into her purse).  Feeling very beautiful, we had a lovely lunch together at the Cat's Meow.  We finished up our date with a play outside by the pond and some pigeon feeding and then a delicious double chocolate gelato. It was a perfect date with a beautiful girl.  I would go out with her again in a sec.






Lunch:  A little etch a sketch, glass of moolk and a lollipop


Notice "Mabel" the naked doll and the pink princess purse full o' treaures

No comments: