Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our au pair arrives from France tonight! Clara and I are going to pick her up from the airport at 8:55pm.

I'm feeling:
  • nervous
  • excited
  • curious
  • relieved
  • guilty
If anything, having someone come to live with you is an amazing way to get your house cleaned up and organized. I have:
  • hung the pictures that have been laying against the wall for 2 years
  • dusted the window sills
  • patched and touched up the walls with paint (Jake did this)
  • purged!
  • packed up Will's 0-24 month clothes that were on the floor in his closet
  • moved furniture
  • took down the last of the Christmas lights
I did not do any landscaping, the tupperware drawer, nor did I make it to the basement of horror, but I suppose that is part of the reason why we are getting some help...to make a wee bit of time to get some things done.

Here is her room, all ready to go (it's amazing what you can find in the basement to furnish and decorate a room with). Kirby will have to find a new spot to lay and gaze out the window.



And here is Will in his new bunk bed. Him and Sam just discovered that a bunk bed can make a terrific fort!


I hope C (what I'm calling the au pair until she tells me I can use her name) will like it here! I took these out my car window while driving through the city the other day (kind of dangerous, but I was at a red light). Vancouver really is so beautiful. And I am loving Michael Lin's hand painted mural covering the Art Gallery right now:



No comments: