Wednesday, July 28, 2010

THE COMPLAN JAR

This is the "complan (complain) jar" that sits on our kitchen table:



After huffing and puffing and sighing and complaining one morning, Jake suggested to Clara that she should definitely write a note to the complaint department. And so, this is how the "complan jar" came to be.

I thought it might be a good way for Clara to articulate her feelings (as crazy as they may be), and the initial plan was to discuss and work through the complaints at the end of each week.

Here is Clara's first complaint...the complaint that started it all:


It hasn't totally taken off (maybe there is not a lot to complain about after all), but here is a sampling of complaints from the past couple of weeks:
  • the moms went for a run and I have two brothers and the people that came up (the meighens) were just boys exsept the mom who went for a run so I'm stuck with the boys. 1 girl. 8 boys. Clara Chalmers.
  • sam always takes the things i'm playing with. Clara Chalmers.
  • my dad didn't let me go on the boat ride to pick are friends up. Sam Chalmers.
  • my dad woke me up when I was having a nice sleep plus he woke me up bi taking away my baba (blanket). Will Chalmers
  • wet bathing suits and towels left in a lump on the bedroom floor. Mommy Chalmers

1 comment:

~beautyandjoy~ said...

This made me laugh. My favourites are the first and last complaints. The last one hits a little too close to home, though! :)