Friday, May 14, 2010

FIVE PEOPLE 4/12



I know I said I was going to try harder to take a family portrait in April, and here we are halfway through May!

This photo was taken by Mom C. (Grandma) on the beach in front of our cabin at Pasley. And once again we have a drink in our hand, although this time it is champagne not wine. We are celebrating our first visit to the island in 2010, and Mother's Day Eve (doesn't Sam looked thrilled?). I am dressed in my work clothes since I spent the morning wiping down mold from the bathroom and fridge and doing various grody cabin opening jobs. Despite the unpleasant work, it was sunny! and warm! and we were together at this glorious place. I have to be honest, April was tough weather wise.

But the promise of summer is here. And so is rhubarb, new potatoes, asparagus and peas. My flip flops are by the door, my winter jacket has been banned to the back of the closet and it is still light at 8:30pm. Good for my seasonal affective disorder, but bad for 7:00pm bedtime.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

No comments: