Saturday, May 29, 2010

5 NIGHTS/10 YEARS

Oh, hello California. It is so nice to be here for 5 nights with my husband. In 4 days we will have been married for 10 years, and I'm not telling lies...I love him more than ever! We plan to eat and drink and nap and read and hold hands and make out. It is going to be awesome!

Going on a airplane without 3 children is actually kind of fun. The drive from LA to Santa Barbara, however was not so much fun. Jake is very cranky pants when it comes to traffic. But a stop for an In n' Out Burger helped a bit.







The view from the house we are staying out (thank you, thank you MacKenzies!)



A morning hot tub, after getting out of bed at 9:00am!!



A morning coffee and some breaky (dining is so pleasant without children as well):



And this afternoon our besties arrived! Together, our combined 7 kids have been left at home with Grandma's and YaYa's and Auntie's, and we are so thankful. We are reliving our University days when we used to get together and eat nachos and drink raspberry hefeweizen and laugh our butts off at Barney's. Only now we are in the second part of our 30's, eating artichokes with aioli and drinking champagne, but still laughing our butts off.






3 comments:

~beautyandjoy~ said...

This makes me SOOO happy that I got a huge lump in my throat. A joy choked-up lump. I started reading wondering if they were there yet and then saw them and got a huge grin! Enjoy it so much - and many, many congratulations! xo

Baker Hill Homes said...

congrats on 10 years. whoop whoop whoop! here's to 10 more.... J xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That picture of Jake eating his In & Out burger made me laugh so suddenly that I choked!
Congrats you guys, a well deserved rest to celebrate a wonderful couple :) Jess.