Tuesday, August 10, 2010

PIGS (PASLEY ISLAND GAMES)

On the first Saturday of August, the island celebrated PIGS once again.

We actually arrived on time this year (10:00am, not 11:00am). Or more like, Jake arrived on time while I stayed back and tied Kirby up extra tight to an arbutus tree. She has been known to eat her way through the cabin and break through windows in her attempt to follow us to the field.

The games were fun. Will placed first in the Daddy piggy back race at the expense of Daddy suffering a hand injury (and a very purple, sweaty face). Clara placed third in the three legged race. Sam is all big smack talk about being the fastest in the world and ended up opting out of the races altogether (except for the tug o war).

Kirby showed up at 11:32pm frantic and panting, with a chewed up leash.







We locked her in the sleeping cabin for the dinner/dancing portion of PIGS.



PIGS dinner was hosted by South Bay this year. There were lots of cute kids for me to take pictures of...















My highlight of the evening...watching my daughter dance for 3 hours. She has got some serious moves right now. When our friend bumped into Clara on the pathway and told her what great dancing she was doing, Clara replied, "I know...there was a rainbow shining down on me."

I want some of that!


1 comment:

nunu said...

a rainbow shining down on me? oh my god - that is so cute! i'm going to have to steal that line sometime. i love it!