Tuesday, August 3, 2010

FIVE PEOPLE 7/12


I missed month 5 and 6, but I should get a little credit for trying...

Another self timer picture balancing on my glass (of pastis), and tipping slightly. This was a good evening. Fresh off the ferry after going to the Lion King with my family, and then enjoying an evening of live music on a blanket on a lawn...on the water...looking out to Pasley.

Sam and Clara are still not completely dried off from their swim a few moments earlier, and are sticky from the salt water. Sam can't stand the itchy part of swimming in the ocean. He has taken to scalding hot showers apres swim, but Jake has limited him to 3 minutes due to our water shortage on the island.

All their hair has turned 3 shades lighter this summer. I wish mine would do the same. My roots are dark and horrifyingly grey and crinkly.

But summer continues to be my favourite season. Particularly a summer spent at a cabin on an island. I am so blessed.

No comments: