Tuesday, October 5, 2010

HAPPY 38th


Happy Birthday husband!

I was thinking about the first birthday we celebrated together (as a couple). I took you to my favourite Italian restaurant for some tortellini alla panna and bought you a volleyball as a gift, and then we kissed in the parking lot for 42 minutes. I thought you were so hot and I was already madly in love with you.

18 years later, things have definitely changed. I mean, who has time to kiss for 42 minutes?! Never mind that we have 3 kids, an OCD dog, a summer cabin, lots of debt, some grey hair and soft tummies, and a lot more to worry about than what to wear to the Tragically Hip concert. But I also feel so blessed and so proud and thankful to be your wife. I love this life of ours...a life we get to share together. And I still think you are so hot and I am even more madly in love you! (true story).

Hope all your birthday wishes come true!

3 comments:

nunu said...

happy birthday to your husband! : ) i just love every little thing you write. it truly is from the heart and i just smile with each post. aren't we lucky to have met our husbands so young and have kissed them for 45 minutes? :) what a great memory of your first bday celebration together. cheers! -anushka

Anonymous said...

Becky, isn't love wonderful?

I am still so loving reading your blog AND Happy Birthday Jake!

Hugs from A. Danita

Baker Hill Homes said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Jake! Big hugs to you all, J xxoo PS - love that the biggest kid of all in this photo is ... TAH DAH = JAKE!